– The team moved up the Coach Flores Availability without me knowing, but they could not defeat my earlier than usual arrivals. Coach Flores would like me.
– No time table for Reshad Jones’ return- Coach Flores. (Also, not serious)
– It will be exciting for both guys on Thursday (Both Coordinators calling plays for 1st time)- Coach Flores
– The “newly released” depth chart is odd for several reasons, if we are counting snaps.
– Jordan Mills did not take a 1st team snap for 4 days, but hes the starter at RT? NAH.
– Josh Rosen is improving, but he has a long way to go.- Coach Flores
– Don’t buy too much into “Depth Charts”, that’s one grouping. I got 12.- Coach Flores
– Early loose warm up. Near Field work today.
– Special Teams work kicks off practice.
– In shorts/shells today. Should be a lite practice.
– Back to that depth chart….ignore it.
– Both PUP guys, Rowe, Jones, Sterup, Grant, Woodard, Allen OUT today.
– Ryan Fitzpatrick is 1st team once again.
– Snap work. After those 10 pre snap penalties on Saturday….much needed.
– That weird Team Warmup ensues….
– The setup today has a walk thru, lite workout look to it, in preparation for Thursday night.
– Who will get snaps at TE? We know Gesicki will, for sure. The evidence in practice says so. Along side him and behind him? Anybody’s guess. Nick O’Leary probably leads that pack.
– Indy drills.
– Kenyan Drake seems set to get 1st team work today. He was very good on Saturday.
– QB warmup has progressively gotten better as camp has moved on. It was an embarrassment the first 2 days.
– Ball placement drill …Fitzpatrick ..pretty sharp. Rosen with some iffy throws, then picks it up… now, they are running that drill where they throw intentional interceptions. Pretty good at that. Ok.
– Team meeting. Setting up some 11v11 work
– 1st team OL remains….Tunsil, Dieter, Kilgore, Calhoun, Davis
– Fitzy finds Ford on an over route. Busted coverage. Huge gain.
– Special Teams work once again. Kenyan Drake has 1st team PR duty in Jakeem Grant’s absence.
– 11v11 here.
– Series of inside zone runs, out of interesting sets.
– Some screens get called. Uneventful period of practice.
– Special Teams work (punt teams) now.
– 7v7 time…..Fitzy tries a quick out right to Parker…Howard there to break it up.
– Rosen throws one in the dirt to O’Leary….Rosen throws a DEEEEEP beauty to Stills….perfect throw….drop. (off finger tips)
– Rosen then is indecisive / inaccurate on next snap. Bad 7v7 period for the 2 QB’s.
– 11v11 once again.
– Fitzpatrick connects with Mike Gesicki on a crosser. Good looking stuff.
– Ballage on a shoot route. Looks great as usual. He and Drake are both very good running routes, and catching it.
– Mark Walton getting a heavy dose of RB3 work.
– Rosen, with a nice hot slant on the RPO, dropped by Isaiah Ford.
– Preston Williams ladies and gentlemen.
– Hartage was given a difficult assignment with Preston Williams. Preston smoked him on the Out-Up route.
– Fitzy finds Drake on the option route. Given too much room to run. Defense essentially ignored Drake leaking out.
– Jerome Baker’s position being filled by a combination of Tre Watson, Van Ginkel, Hanks.
– Baker also being replaced by Eguavoen in his primary role.
– Operating just outside the Red Area, Fitzy with a sharp stick throw for a TD to Smythe.
– Practice ends, on that note.
Practice MVP: Kenyan Drake, Preston Williams
Struggled: Isaiah Ford, Sam Eguavoen, Montre Hartage